Geonotice Nearing Completion
Nov. 17, 2017
ENPLAN will be introducing an additional Parcel Viewer utility developed primarily for municipalities called Geonotice. This utility meets the requirement for municipalities to notify property owners within a specific distance surrounding parcels for which a use permit or entitlement change has been requested. It also allows visual corroboration of parcel boundaries with an aerial view of parcels on high resolution imagery in conjunction with property ownership. Certain clients other than municipalities will also find this utility useful.
The buffer notification distance from the subject parcel can be set by the user. Mailing labels and other outputs can easily be created for the parcels intersected by and contained within the buffer. Municipalities commonly try to notify 300-500 feet out from the edge of subject parcels. This can be accomplished easily and reliably with Geonotice. Users can find and search by owner, address, and assessor parcel number or APN as needed and also see property values, use codes, acreage, property owner information, and other assessor property data for parcels as needed by simply clicking on the parcels. The more subtle features of Geonotice will also be appreciated by many. Here are some:
- A list record of parcel owners and occupants notified along with other property data can be created for staff reports and inclusion in application files as a simple by-product of the data extraction process.
- A printable PDF map can be created showing the subject parcel location and surrounding parcel lines whose owners have been notified. This 8.5 x 11 format map can be useful for inclusion in notice mail-outs, staff reports and/or application files. Again, a simple by-product of the process.
- Option to purge redundant property owner notifications. Owners can often own multiple parcels within a desired notification buffer.
- Option to include on the mailing label the APNs of the parcels whose owners and possibly occupants are being notified.
- Option to include occupants if different from the owner of record. Here the situs address is used and the word Occupant is inserted in place of the owner name.
- Individual parcels beyond the buffer set by the user can be added to or deleted with simple mouse-clicks on the parcels.
- Multiple parcels can be selected and added using the Lasso tool. This tool allows batches of parcels to be selected, and thereby their property attribute data extracted, in whatever configuration is defined by the user.
We expect Geonotice to be rolled out this coming July.